Website Copyright © 2017 The International Society for the Study of Archaeoacoustics. All rights reserved.
* Good Practice
* Acoustic Measurement Data
* Simulations / Acoustic Experiments
* Experimental Archaeology: Reconstruction of instruments
* Projects in progress around the world
* Projects seeking team members
* Publications, Journals
* Speakers Available for Lecture & Presentation
* Social Media
* Conferences and Meetings
* Specialists available for consultation
* Essays and Discussions
* Commentary on “State of the Field”
* Registration Form
Acoustics and Physics are sciences that we have today to explain the way sound behaves. The study of Archaeoacoustics is more than that.
We add Archaeology to help us look deep into the past and stay anchored. We look at things like materials selection and architectural features that imply intentionality. We try to make use of the latest groundbreaking physiological mechanisms to pinpoint measurable human responses. We explore known indigenous traditions and practices, art, iconography and texts. We pick up on every clue to what our ancestors were listening to and the sounds they may have been making as well as hearing. And then we take on the enormous challenge of assembling all the pieces.
THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY
FOR THE STUDY OF ARCHAEOACOUSTICS
unites research pioneers and the world’s future Archaeoacousticians to amplify our knowledge of antiquity.